- Preparation Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 3 hours
- Total Time 3 hours and 10 minutes
- Servings 4 as an appetizer
- 12 frozen prepared meatballs, thawed
- 2/3 jar (24 oz) passata (puréed, strained tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Spray inside of 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add meatballs.
- In medium bowl, mix passata, olive oil, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, chili flakes and bay leaves. Pour over meatballs; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on High for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until thermometer inserted in center of meatball reads 165°F. Remove bay leaves. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
If desired, add 1/2 chopped cured chorizo or 2 tbsp chopped Serrano ham to sauce.
Serve as a tapas dish with cocktail skewers and crusty bread.