Quiche Lorraine Muffins
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp 18% cream
- 5 tbsp shredded Gruyère cheese
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8 mini muffin cups.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon for 5 to 8 minutes or until edges are crisp. Transfer to paper towel to drain. Remove all but 1 tbsp bacon fat from skillet.
- Add onions, butter, thyme, and pinch each salt and pepper to skillet. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until onions are very tender. Cool completely.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, cheese, chives, and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in bacon; stir in onion mixture. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Back to All Recipes