- Preparation Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes + 15 minutes refrigeration
- Servings 24 cupcakes (with leftovers)
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 5 oz dark chocolate (70%), finely chopped
- 4 tsp butter
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fold chocolate chips into batter. Scoop into 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place chopped chocolate, butter and salt in heatproof bowl. Heat cream, in small saucepan set over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until steaming and barely at a simmer. Pour over chocolate mixture; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Whisk in honey. Cool to room temperature.
- Spread chocolate ganache evenly over cupcakes. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes or until ganache is set.
Substitute Beringer Main & Vine Merlot or cold coffee for water when preparing cake mix to further boost the flavor of the chocolate.