Chicken and Artichoke Pinwheels
- Preparation Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes + 20 minutes chill time
- Servings about 14 pinwheels
- 6 tbsp cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2/3 jar (6 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 2/3 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry, about 10 inches square
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together cream cheese, Asiago, garlic, chives, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Fold in artichoke hearts; set aside.
- Place puff pastry on lightly floured work surface. Spread cream cheese mixture over pastry, leaving 1/2-inch border at top; sprinkle with mozzarella and chicken.
- Working from bottom, roll pastry up, pinching seam to seal. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Unwrap pastry roll and transfer to cutting board. With sharp knife, cut into scant 1/2-inch slices. Place, cut side down, on parchment paper–lined baking tray. Beat egg with 1 tsp water; brush tops lightly with egg wash.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.
Substitute Parmesan cheese for the Asiago cheese.