Crispy Salt and Pepper Baked Chicken Wings
- Preparation Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 50 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Servings 4
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 1 1/3 lb split chicken wings
- 1 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch Chinese five-spice powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line large baking sheet with foil and brush with oil; set aside. Pat chicken wings dry with paper towel.
- In large bowl, season chicken wings with pepper, salt, five-spice powder and cayenne pepper; toss to coat. Sprinkle with baking powder and toss to coat. Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, turning once, for 45 to 50 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, stir together ranch dressing and dill. Serve with chicken wings for dipping.
For spicy ranch dressing, add 2 tbsp cayenne pepper hot sauce.