Warm Wild Rice & Mushroom Salad
- Preparation Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Servings 4
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 lb oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 lb shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup wild rice, cooked according to package directions and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cups baby kale
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook button, oyster, shiitake mushrooms, thyme, garlic, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Add rice to skillet; toss until warmed through and well coated. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, and remaining salt and pepper. Stir in shallot.
- Toss together rice mixture, vinaigrette, kale, parsley and tarragon. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Change it up – use cremini, portobello, chanterelles or enoki mushrooms if desired.