Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes
- Preparation Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 12 oz each)
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup prepared buffalo sauce
- 2/3 cup finely crumbled blue cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place sweet potatoes on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until tender. Let cool for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Fluff insides of each potato with a fork. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss chicken with buffalo sauce and spoon over each potato half. Sprinkle blue cheese over top. Bake on parchment paper–lined baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is heated through and blue cheese melts. Sprinkle with green onions.
Substitute baked russet potatoes for sweet potatoes if desired.
For a shorter cooking time, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork and microwave on high, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until tender.